CNN CEO Chris Licht to step down

Source: Politico | June 7, 2023 | Kierra Frazier

The news comes after a widely criticized town hall with former President Donald Trump and a recent Atlantic profile on the CEO.

CNN CEO Chris Licht is stepping down from the network after a tumultuous 13-month tenure marked by low ratings, the firing of a major anchor and an Atlantic profile that called his leadership into question.

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav told CNN employees of the news in an email Wednesday.

“This morning we are announcing that Chris Licht will be leaving CNN and we will be conducting a wide search, internally and externally, for a new leader,” Zaslav said in an email to employees. CNN confirmed the email to POLITICO. “I wanted you to hear this news directly from me as it impacts you and your teams.”

“Unfortunately, things did not work out the way we had hoped — and ultimately that’s on me. I take responsibility. Needless to say, we appreciate Chris’ efforts and dedication and wish him all the best,” Zaslav said.

Licht will be replaced for an interim period by longtime CNN executive Amy Entelis.

CNN anchor Kate Bolduan confirmed the news on-air Wednesday.

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.