Co-chair of Harvard antisemitism task force resigns abruptly

Source: The Hill | February 25, 2024 | Miranda Nazzaro

The co-chair of Harvard University’s new task force on antisemitism has resigned from the group just over a month since its creation, the university confirmed to The Hill. 

Harvard Business School professor Raffaella Sadun will be replaced by Jared Ellias, a professor of Harvard Law School, Harvard’s interim President Alan Garver said in a message Sunday to the school’s community. 

“Professor Sadun has expressed her desire to refocus her efforts on her research, teaching and administrative responsibilities at HBS,” Garber wrote in a statement shared with The Hill on Sunday. “I am extremely appreciative of Professor Sadun’s participation in the task force over the past weeks. Her insights and passion for this work have helped shape the mandate for the task force and how it can best productively advance the important work ahead.”

In a separate statement to The Hill, Sadun said she is “grateful” for the opportunity to work on the task force and said she will “continue to support efforts to tackle antisemitism at Harvard in any way I can from my faculty position.”

The abrupt resignation, first reported by The Harvard Crimson, comes just over a month since the “Presidential Task Force on Combating Antisemitism,” was first announced in mid-January.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.