Ellis at plea hearing says she has ‘deep remorse’ over representing Trump

Source: The Hill | October 24, 2023 | Zach Schonfeld

Former Trump campaign attorney Jenna Ellis tearfully expressed remorse while pleading guilty Tuesday in Georgia, telling the judge she regretted representing then-President Trump following the 2020 election.

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post-election challenges,” Ellis told Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee before he accepted her plea.

“I look back on this whole experience with deep remorse,” she continued. “For those failures of mine, your honor, I’ve taken responsibility already before the Colorado bar, who censured me, and I now take responsibility before this court and apologize to the people of Georgia.”

……..

“I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I, to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states,” Ellis said during Tuesday’s court proceeding.

“What I did not do but should have done, your honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true, were in fact true.”

……..

“In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence,” Ellis said.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.