Ex-acting deputy AG Boente was asked to interview with Mueller: report

Source: The Hill | April 10, 2018 | Julia Manchester

Special counsel Robert Mueller asked former Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente to be interviewed as part of the probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

Maddow’s team said they had obtained a letter from Boente to Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools, informing him of Mueller’s request.

“The requested interview concerns activities occurring within the bounds and scope of my duties at the Department of Justice. I have no reason to believe that I am the subject or the target of the investigation,” Boente wrote.

Boente served as acting deputy attorney general from 2011 to 2017. He was tapped to serve after Sally Yates was fired.

He currently serves as the acting assistant attorney general of the National Security Division.

“As Acting Deputy Attorney General, I was responsible for the overall operation of the Department of Justice, and given the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the investigation of the Russian government’s interference in the 2016 presidential election,” Boente said in the letter.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.