Farah Griffin: There’s ‘no question’ Trump would accept $ from Russian..

Source: The Hill | March 22, 2024 | Lauren Irwin

Farah Griffin: There’s ‘no question’ Trump would accept money from Russian oligarchs

Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said there is “no question” that former President Trump would accept money from foreign sources to secure the funds needed in his civil fraud case.

“Donald Trump does not have a moral compass when it comes to America’s standing in the world, how we interact with our adversaries, and he certainly puts his interests before the country so if an oligarch in … Russia or a Chinese business official wants to help him get his money, I have no question that he would end up accepting it,” Farah Griffin, who served in the Trump administration, told CNN’s Sara Sidner on Thursday.

Farah Griffin also argued that Trump faces an “incredibly bad” situation and his brand has suffered. She said he has been “absolutely losing it on social media” over the court’s decisions and the closing window to secure funds.

“What I’m worried about is this: When Donald Trump is backed into a corner, he gets reckless and he makes reckless decisions. This may very well move forward next week and you start seeing properties taken away from him,” she said in comments highlighted by Mediaite. “Where’s he going to turn? There’s a possibility he’s going to look foreign.”

“It could be adversaries, it could be individuals within nations that are adversaries, to lend him money if he’s not able to secure loans here,” Farah Griffin added. “And I think that’s a very real possibility that folks need to be thinking about in the broader context of that.”

Trump faces a Monday deadline to secure a bond or pay the $454 million due in his New York civil fraud case. His legal team indicated earlier this week that it would be “impossible” for them to secure the bond. His attorneys said “countless hours” had been spent negotiating with insurance companies attempting to secure a bond for the case.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.