Fauci: Lack of masks at Trump rallies frustrating

Source: The Hill | September 9, 2020 | Justine Coleman

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, said Wednesday that the lack of masks at President Trump’s campaign rallies is frustrating.

“Is that frustrating to you?” host Gayle King asked Fauci on “CBS This Morning,” noting the lack of masks among some attendees at Trump’s rallies amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Well, yes it is, and I’ve said that often,” Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, responded. “That situation is we want to set an example.”

Fauci noted that public health experts “know” that measures like wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding crowds and planning most activities outdoors instead of indoors can help alleviate the spread of COVID-19.

“Those are the kinds of things that turn around surges and also prevent us from getting surges,” he said. “So I certainly would like to see universal wearing of masks.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42691

EVERYDAY #42719

Trump and his selfish, idiot followers are prolonging this pandemic by their refusal to adhere to even basic hygiene rules. Personally, I’d like to see the state and local authorities take action. Prohibit these rallies, mandate masks and social distancing, enforce limits on attendees, whatever it takes. If the owners of the venues insist on going ahead with the rallies, they should be arrested and jailed. There should be some public health statute that applies. Long past time to enforce it.

ConservativeGranny #42751

Republican governors won’t. Some Democrat governors have tried. Evers in Wi tried and was promptly sued by the GOP. Evers doesn’t seem to have as much backbone as Gov. Whitmer of Michigan. Trump ignores whatever local mandates are in place and just steamrolls over them to hold his rallies claiming first amendment rights. His followers adhere to his example. Our country’s system of government seems to have a lot of grey areas that someone like Trump can exploit.

That being said Trump is only in power because he reflects the decay and rot of American morality. He reflects the selfishness and greed of those who elected him. This coming election will show us if there is hope for us or if we are hopeless. It looks to me as if one half of this country has no moral compass. You would think by now Trump’s polling numbers should be so low it would be clear he has no chance of winning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.