Fauci says Trump did not 'distort' impact of the pandemic

Source: The Hill | September 9, 2020 | Nathaniel Weixel

Anthony Fauci on Wednesday said he doesn’t think President Trump was publicly distorting the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

During an interview with Fox News’s John Roberts, Fauci said Trump’s public press conferences in the early spring mostly echoed what members of the White House coronavirus task force were telling him in private.

“I didn’t see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him and what he ultimately came out publicly and said,” Fauci, the country’s top infectious diseases expert and head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said.

“He really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him,” Fauci said.

During the interview, Fauci stressed that he was speaking about his own conversations and interactions with the president.

“Remember, I’m a small frame in the big picture of what goes on,” Fauci said.

Fauci acknowledged that Trump would “want to make sure the country wouldn’t get down and out about things,” but added, “I don’t recall anything that was a gross distortion in anything I spoke to him about.” 

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42759

Consistent #42760

“During the interview, Fauci stressed that he was speaking about his own conversations and interactions with the president.”

EVERYDAY #42764

Geez, Doctor, why are you defending him? I don’t care what you and he talked about. The point is Trump lied to the American people publicly about the virus and he is STILL lying about it today. He ignored you, Dr. Birx and anyone else with expertise in the field of infectious diseases. He still refuses to wear a mask for the most part, practice social distancing or adhere to any other of the COVID guidelines and he berates those who do His lies have sown confusion and anxiety and perhaps they may have caused some COVID patients to die. The man is dangerous.

Trump doesn’t care about you; he doesn’t care about your loyalty in defending him. To him, you are still the enemy trying to thwart his re-election. So stop being a nice guy and recognize he is not worth defending.

ConservativeGranny #42803

Just lost all respect for him and also trust.

Consistent #42805

Notice that he was on Fox News. Probably he doesn’t want to get more death threats for himself and his family. I know he shouldn’t have been there in the first place. Maybe he wanted Fox News viewers to listen to him, instead of totally shutting out. Who knows?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.