Fox’s Shep Smith on Trump Jr. meeting: ‘Mind-boggling’ deception

Source: The Hill | July 14, 2017 | Robin Eberhardt

Fox News anchor Shep Smith went off on the “mind-boggling deception” in the Trump administration following Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer.

Smith on “Shepard Smith Reporting” urged the Trump administration to “come clean” about all of their ties to Russia, pointing out the repeated “lies” that members of the Trump team have told about who was at the meeting and what they discussed.

Trump Jr. originally denied that he met with any Russian officials, but eventually admitted to the meeting and released an email chain of him setting up the meeting. He revealed that he had been at the meeting with White House adviser Jared Kushner and Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort.

“If there’s nothing there, and that’s what they tell us, why all these lies?” Smith said. “The deception is mind-boggling and there are still people out there who think we’re making it up. And one day they are going to realize we are not.”

Chris Wallace paused for a moment after Smith’s speech and added, “I don’t know what to say.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17380

Consistent #17394

EVERYDAY #17397

Shep is a drama queen. Honestly, I’m so scandal weary, I couldn’t really say whether all these accusations have any teeth or not and right now, I really dont care.

Would have been nice to have a president who did things above board and who did not rely on his inept, incompetent and potentially criminal family to advise him and do things for him. Perhaps we could have had a president who would actually carry out his duties instead of being bogged down by scandal after scandal — most of which are his own making.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.