How Paul Ryan is schooling President Trump on ‘the art of politics’

Source: Conservative Review | March 18, 2017 | Steve Deace

…..

So yell at him all you want about being a RINO, but Ryan’s also busy owning Trump right now on the fake repeal of Obamacare. That’s some serious scoreboard: ‘Make the Swamp Great Again’ is leading the race for winner of the First 100 Days.  And when you have a lead like that, you tend not to take advice from what you consider to be the cheap seats.

Case in point: I read on social media yesterday one congressman said calls to his office were running 200-1 against RINOcare. But when Jake Tapper interviewed Ryan on CNN, and alluded to the lack of support his legislation is receiving from the grassroots, he couldn’t have been more matter-of-fact about not giving a rip.

“It’s not something frankly we’re worried about,” Ryan said.

Not only that, but Ryan said he and Trump are working together “hand and glove” on ignoring you. Well cuckadoodledoo!

Somebody on Twitter tried to explain this to me as Trump deserving the benefit of the doubt, because he is “working at his own pace.” Funny, I thought our populist president was supposed to be working at our pace.

One of my worst fears, going all the way back to when Trump first jumped into the lead in the Republican primary, was that his interest in winning the White House would be vastly more robust than his interest in governing while actually living there. Yet there was also a part of me that tried to argue myself out of that concern, because I believed his ego was simply too large to allow for such a lethargic state of being.

But here we are. The guy who said he would hire all the best people made a guy actively working for not one but two foreign governments his national security advisor. The guy who said he would build a wall has been beaten to the punch on immigration by the courts and the wall they have built between true justice and flyover country. And the guy who said he would give the government back to the people is playing footsy with a speaker who says on national TV the people aren’t really his thing.

Say what you will about Ryan, but just because you disagree with him on principle doesn’t mean you don’t underestimate him at your own peril. Ryan isn’t even 50 years old yet, and he’s already gone from Janesville, Wisconsin, to a national ticket and now speaker of the house. And he’s done so without being surrounded by consultants like many of his peers. This guy is a professional politician.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14491

ConservativeGranny #14504

Ryan is the sober version of Boehner. It’s been obvious for quite a while that Ryan doesn’t give a flying fig what the people want. To admit that calls against Trumpcare are 200 to 1 and then in the next breath state that you are not worried about it is jawdropping for someone who is supposed to represent the people but not surprising nowadays.

Ryan was just re-elected to the House. Of course he isn’t worried about it now. He is just like another WI rino in the Senate named Ron Johnson. He too is only a conservative when he is running for re-election. Ten minutes after he wins being the lesser of two evils he is back to his rino ways. It’s an amazing transformation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.