Hutchinson ‘surprised’ many GOP candidates..support Trump if convicted

Source: The Hill | August 27, 2023 | Sarah Fortinsky

Hutchinson ‘surprised’ so many GOP candidates said they’d support Trump if convicted

Republican 2024 presidential candidate Asa Hutchinson, the former Arkansas governor, said on Sunday he was surprised more GOP candidates did not raise their hands when Fox News moderators asked candidates on stage at the debate whether they would support former President Trump’s presidential bid if he were convicted of felonies.

“Well, I was surprised. It was a very clear question as to whether we would support Donald Trump if he’s convicted of serious felonies. And I was the only one that … said very clearly that I would not support him,” Hutchinson said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I was surprised at that. That didn’t seem to be a difficult question to me.”

……..

In the interview on Sunday, Hutchinson dismissed concerns about the booing from the audience while taking a critical position of Trump. 

“I stood out at that moment,” Hutchinson said. “And whether I get booed in the audience is not really the relevant factor. The relevant factor is our country. It’s our party. It’s about standing on the principles that you believe in and I stood out at that moment.”

“I’m proud of that decision and it was the right call, and I hope more people identify with what I said,” Hutchinson added.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.