Jan. 6 committee adviser on pub hearings: Ppl will be ‘absolutely surprised’

Source: The Hill | June 5, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

Jan. 6 committee adviser on public hearings: People will be ‘absolutely surprised’

Former GOP congressman Denver Riggleman (Va.), an adviser to the House select committee investigating the Jan 6., 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, said the panel’s upcoming public hearings will be “exciting” for people to see.

The panel announced last week it would hold the first of a series of public hearings during a prime-time slot at 8 p.m. on Thursday, the conclusion of the committee’s work after conducting hundreds of interviews in a year-long investigation. 

The committee has not said what witnesses will appear at the public hearings, but Riggleman told CNN “State of the Union” co-anchor Jake Tapper that the hearings will be “very concise” and will bring all the components of the investigation together.

“I think people are going to be absolutely surprised how much was known with multiple groups,” Riggleman said. 

“And I think that’s what’s going to be exciting to see the committee — there’s some very intelligent, very talented investigators behind the doors,” he continued.

……..

“The American people have to look at this from the beginning, take their notes and understand that the committee has to build the case in a very solid, facts-based way,” Riggleman said on Sunday. “There’s not going to be a lot of partisan whining or screaming.”

The committee has conducted more than 1,000 interviews, reportedly including discussions with senior aides to former Vice President Mike Pence and White House officials. 

“It’s pretty apparent that at some points, President Trump knew what was going on,” Riggleman said on Sunday.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #53809

ConservativeGranny #53811

We won’t be surprised and I doubt many Republicans or Trump supporters are going to be tuning in. They don’t want any facts to get in the way of their opinions and loyalty. They don’t want the truth and they hate the truth tellers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.