Jim Jordan says he has ‘real concerns’ with Jan. 6 panel after sit-down req.

Source: The Hill | December 22, 2021 | Caroline Vakil

Jim Jordan says he has ‘real concerns’ with Jan. 6 panel after sit-down request

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said on Wednesday that he has “real concerns” about the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, which requested to sit down with him in a letter earlier in the day.

Jordan was asked about the letter in an interview with “Fox News Primetime” guest host Brian Kilmeade. 

“It looks like the Jan. 6 committee, who didn’t want you on them, on the Jan. 6 committee, might want you in front of them to take questions. What will your reaction be? Will it be the same as Mark Meadows — take a walk — or would you sit down and speak to them?” Kilmeade asked Jordan.

“I mean we just got the letter today, Brian,” Jordan answered, later alleging that the committee had previously altered documents. 

“We’re going to review the letter, but I gotta be honest with you. I got real concerns about any committee that will take a document and alter it and present it to the American people, completely mislead the American people like they did last week,” he added. 

Jordan was apparently referring to a hearing earlier this month in which Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) read part of a forwarded text that Jordan sent to Meadows, the former White House chief of staff.

The text, which Schiff attributed to an unnamed lawmaker at the time, said then-Vice President Mike Pence “should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all” during the election certification process on Jan. 6. Sources confirmed to CNN that Schiff read only a portion of the full text sent by Jordan.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51243

EVERYDAY #51244

Of course, he has concerns. The Committee knows or at least suspects Jordan has some involvement in the January 6 coup attempt.

Expect some sort of litigation against the Committee now. All the major participants and masterminds of the coup attempt have their orders from Trump — do whatever it takes to delay and frustrate the Committee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.