McCain: 'More shoes will drop' in Mueller investigation

Source: The Hill | October 31, 2017 | Jordain Carney

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is predicting that special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the 2016 election will ensnare more people, saying the “scandal is not over.”

“I told you months ago that this was a centipede and shoes would drop and I guarantee you more shoes will drop,” the Armed Services Committee chairman told reporters on Tuesday.

His comments come after Mueller unveiled charges against Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, and Manafort’s business associate Richard Gates. Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos has also pleaded guilty to making false statements to FBI investigators.

McCain has repeatedly predicted that “shoes will drop” as part of the investigation into Russia’s election interference and potential ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Questioned on what “shoes,” or revelations, he expected to result from Mueller’s investigation, McCain said he didn’t have specific predictions but “they always have and they always will.”

“I guarantee you this scandal is not over,” he added.

McCain said earlier this year that questions about Russia’s election interference and potential collusion was “reaching the point where it’s of Watergate size and scale.”

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.