Mo Brooks chides Trump for endorsing Luther Strange

Source: Washington Examiner | August 9, 2017 | David M. Drucker

……

Strange, who has the backing of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and his super PAC, Senate Leadership Fund, has been lobbying Trump for his support. The president finally endorsed Strange Tuesday evening in a Twitter post. It could make the difference. Alabama has been one of the states where Trump’s support has been the strongest.

“I respect President Trump, but I am baffled and disappointed Mitch McConnell and the Swamp somehow misled the President into endorsing Luther Strange,” Brooks said in a statement. “The President has bigger things going on than a campaign, that’s for sure. In any event, while Mitch McConnell and the Swamp managed to mislead the President last night, I still support the America First Agenda, and all the polls show we have momentum. We believe our message will win out over the Swamp and Lyin’ Luther.”

Brooks was slow to embrace Trump in 2016 after he secured the GOP nomination. The congressman had backed Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in the presidential primary.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.