Navy sailor pardoned by Trump had pleaded case on 'Fox and Friends'

Source: The Hill | March 10, 2018 | Luis Sanchez

Kristian Saucier, the Navy sailor pardoned by President Trump on Friday, had appeared on “Fox and Friends” earlier in the week to argue for his pardon.

“Obviously, there’s two different sets of laws in this country, for the political elite and for those lower-level individuals, Americans like myself,” Saucier said on “Fox and Friends” on Sunday. “And I think that’s very upsetting on a basic level for most people. It should be.”

“I accepted responsibility. I didn’t go to trial. I pleaded guilty. I said, ‘Look, I made a mistake when I was a young kid, and my family still continues … to be punished for that mistake.’ Whereas Hillary Clinton not only was not punished, but was allowed to run for the highest office in the country, and that should be very upsetting to the American people,” he continued.

Trump has praised “Fox & Friends” for being named one of the “most influential” shows because he watches it, and has often spoken highly of its coverage of his presidency.

Trump has long discussed pardoning Saucier, first starting on the campaign trail in 2016.

Saucier was sentenced to 12 months in prison and six months of low-level home confinement for taking pictures inside a nuclear submarine.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.