Only Conservatives Can Save the Republican Party Now

Source: Conservative Review | June 11, 2016 | Steve Deace

….

Of all the people let down, disappointed and betrayed by the Republican Party, we grassroots conservatives rank at the top. And although we are the system’s red-headed stepchildren, we are likely the only ones left who can save the party of Lincoln and Reagan from ruin. For we are the ones who make up the bulk of the delegates to the national convention in Cleveland, and they are the people who can put an end to Hillary’s march to the White House.

The most recent Fox News poll portends what will happen if we do not act. Though Fox might be the poll most favorable to Donald Trump, come and see what no good, horrible, very bad things its internals have to say:

• On integrity, Hillary ranks 10 points better than Trump.
  • On knowledge to be president, Hillary ranks 65 points better than Trump.
  • On temperament to be president, Hillary ranks 51 points better than Trump.

Translation: if you’re a down ballot Republican this fall, might want to reconsider being one. Something wicked, this way comes.

Just ask now former Congresswoman Renee Ellmers. The pro-amnesty, sellout RINO was Trump’s first congressional endorsement. And this week she became the first major office holder to lose a primary this cycle.

….

…. I knew the party I first joined the day I turned 18 and could register to vote was broken. I just didn’t know it was already dead men walking. So instead of recovery, reform and redemption, our fortunes as conservatives require full blown resurrection.

….

There is no more room for fictions about how schemers and triangulators like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are going to hand-hold us through a kinder, gentler Trumpian future. After not endorsing Trump, then endorsing him and being forced to immediately criticize the presumptive GOP nominee for being a bigoted buffoon, Ryan nonetheless went on the radio and let this dumpster fire dance off his tongue: “I believe he can fix this to point where (Trump) can hopefully run a campaign we can all be proud of.”

….

And this from McConnell: “What we’re trying to do is to get (Trump) to act and speak like a serious presidential candidate.”

….

We are on our own. We must do this ourselves. While alt-right Trump-bots and progressive loons perhaps kill each other in the streets of Cleveland come July, we must stand up and be – to coin a phrase from Barack Obama himself – the people we’ve been waiting for.

Not the sort who lie and steal and usurp like Obama’s band of misfit elitists. And not the sort who bully and con and clown like those seduced by Trump. What is required of us will take one of this country’s greatest acts of non-military courage ever, so we must be the sort who stand on the shoulders of giants to bring forth yet another new birth of freedom.

With God, the Constitution and a little elbow grease, who can be against? Let’s do this. Because even though it doesn’t seem like it on many days, we are everywhere.

I’ve now had delegates from a dozen states come to me about revolting against Trump. And I’m not even close to one of the largest shows in the country. So imagine what somebody with a really big platform could pull together if they wanted to?

My Twitter following continues to grow. So does the affiliate list to our radio show. The most read column I’ve written in the two years I’ve worked with Conservative Review was the one two weeks ago urging Christian leaders not to back Trump. And the most-listened-to Rules for Patriots podcast we’ve ever done for Conservative Review was this week’s edition urging the delegates to overthrow Trump.

…..

So if you’re a delegate or anyone else with influence, and you’ve been holding back on doing what you know is right, for fear of repercussions or simply because you are overwhelming overtaken by the unknown, you should feel free to swing away. Other than putting up with the hate from the same feckless hacks and political groupies who dug us this hole, there’s a market for your courage of conviction.

That is the simple truth that must claim our hearts and minds now if we truly desire to have our country back. That is our destiny as both sons of Adam and of the American Revolution.

….

Put doubt aside. It’s time to dig in and fight.

History is calling. We do not get to decide the time in which we live, but we do get to decide what to do with the time that is given us.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.