Paul Ryan Applauds Trillion-Dollar Infrastructure Plan, Paid Family Leave

Source: RedState | February 28, 2017 | Patterico

Here’s Trump announcing his giant trillion-dollar infrastructure boondoggle. Watch Paul Ryan. He claps.

Here’s Trump proposing a federal program for paid family leave. Again, watch Paul Ryan. He doesn’t want to applaud. He waits to applaud. But he applauds — and even stands up to do so.

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13970

Dom Ruinart #13974

The death of conservatism: applause by Republicans for an expansion of government and increased deficit spending.

EVERYDAY #13977

Didn’t watch the speech, but I’m told most of it was pretty good for King Donnie. He does well with a prepared speech, but he is terrible off the cuff or when he decides to take to Twitter to lash out at something or someone.

Regarding infrastructure spending: I live in a state that has the highest gasoline tax in the nation, but the worst roads, bridges and overpasses. Most of these are state built and maintained entities. The ones controlled by the feds actually look good. So if he’s talking about federal structures, I can’t see where the problem is. Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

State built and maintained structures are another matter. If Trump is talking about throwing money at the states, then I am opposed. My state squanders the tax revenues it already has. Throwing more money at my state won’t help…unless there will be some oversight to ensure that the money actually goes to the infrastructure and not into someome’s pockets.

About that child care benefit: Why is it that every time a president or congress comes up with a tax break or other benefit, it’s always for families? When are those of us who are single with no dependents going to get a break? This benefit will have to be paid for someone. Most likely it will be by those of us whow don’t qualify for this benefit.

Not happy with these two things at all. But then again, Trump is a New York liberal. We’ve known that for some time. These tax and spend proposals shouldn’t be surprising.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.