Paul Ryan to Trump: Robert Mueller is 'anything but' a partisan

Source: Washington Examiner | July 24, 2017 | Al Weaver

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., defended Robert Mueller, special counsel leading the Russia investigation, on Monday and argued he is “anything but” a partisan amid ongoing concerns from the Trump administration about the direction of his investigation.

“Remember, Bob Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by a Republican who served in the Republican administration who crossed over and stayed on ’til his term ended,” Ryan told Wisconsin-based radio host Jay Weber, referring to his work as FBI director under former President George W. Bush.

“I don’t think many people are saying Bob Mueller is a biased partisan. He’s really, sort of, anything but.”

“The point is we have an investigation in the House, an investigation in the Senate and a special counsel, which sort of de-politicizes this stuff and gets it out of the political theater, and that is, I think, better to get this off to the side,” Ryan said. “I think the facts will vindicate themselves, and then let’s just go do our jobs.”

……

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, went after Mueller and his “band of Democratic donors” on Sunday.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17627

ConservativeGranny #17633

Has anyone mentioned to KellyAnne that Trump’s new communications guy was also a “heavy Democrat donor”? Trump himself has donated money to more than a few Dems himself. There is no job requirement for any of these people to be Republican donors. They are hired for their experience in doing a particular job, not their political affiliations. In fact, I think Scaramucci has said more bad things about Trump than Mueller has ever said. And he is far left of Mueller politically and has made no secret of his liberal beliefs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.