Radio host urges friends to get vaccinated shortly before dying of COVID-19

Source: The Hill | August 7, 2021 | Caroline Vakil

A conservative Florida radio host who was vocally critical of the COVID-19 vaccine urged his friends to get the shot after he contracted the virus himself, WPTV reported.

In one Facebook post, Dick Farrel claimed that two people he knew who had received the COVID-19 vaccine were later hospitalized. 

“Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical. Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!” he said on July 1.

“Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?” he said in another Facebook post on July 3.

At least one of his COVID-19-related posts was flagged by Facebook for spreading false information, and in another post, he called President Biden’s chief medical adviser, Anthony Fauci, “a power tripping lying freak.”

However, his stance changed after he got COVID-19. 

Amy Leigh Hair, a friend of Farrel’s, wrote on Facebook that he had succumbed to COVID-19 and had urged her to get the shot after he got sick.

“Covid Took One Of My Best Friends! RIP Dick Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot! He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me that this virus is no joke and he said: ‘I wish I had gotten it!’ #f—covid#takethevaccination,” she wrote on Facebook on Wednesday.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.