Shock: ABC chooses 'Roseanne,' dumps Tim Allen's 'Last Man Standing'

Source: Washington Examiner | May 16, 2017 | Paul Bedard

Here’s an ABC shocker:

The network is reviving the “Roseanne” show, featuring Roseanne Barr who famously spit after 30,000 San Diego Padres fans jeered her shrill version of the national anthem, and killing Tim Allen’s hit “Last Man Standing.”

Actor and comic Tim Allen ripped ABC for cancelling his ratings hit, a sudden move that has driven over 100,000 to sign a boycott of the media giant.

The conservative-leaning Allen didn’t blame politics, as others have, instead socking the network’s lack of loyalty and common courtesy of giving him a head’s up.

“Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years. #lastmanstanding,” he tweeted.

……

ABC, meanwhile, shrugged off the claims it was driven by politics to kill the second highest ratings winner on network TV after “Modern Family.”

The usual “business reasons” were given. ABC’s entertainment president Channing Dungey, in a media call addressing the fall lineup changes, said “Last Man Standing” was killed for “business and scheduling reasons.”

……

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15863

EVERYDAY #15864

Read elsewhere that several other shows are also being revived. Guess the networks have run out of ideas.

I am slowly but surely getting away from cable and in the process, I’m also ridding myself of the networks and cable news. TV has gone all to hell these days, and it’s just not worth watching. The comedies aren’t funny. The dramas are dull. And I don’t appreciate a bunch of talking heads on cable news spewing lies and telling me what I should think. Much of what I need to know is online, and if I want to see good TV shows, many of the classics are available online or through streaming services such as Netflix. As far as I’m concerned, networks and cable can go away completely. I won’t miss any of them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.