Trump attacks ABC over report he said Dorian could impact Alabama

Source: The Hill | September 2, 2019 | Jessica Campisi

President Trump on Monday night blasted ABC News for the network’s reporting on his claims that Hurricane Dorian was expected to impact Alabama.

“Such a phony hurricane report by lightweight reporter @jonkarl of @ABCWorldNews,” Trump tweeted, targeting the network’s chief White House correspondent. “I suggested yesterday at [the Federal Emergency Management Agency] that, along with Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, even Alabama could possibly come into play, which WAS true.”

“They made a big deal about this when in fact, under certain original scenarios, it was in fact correct that Alabama could have received some ‘hurt.’ Always good to be prepared! But the Fake News is only interested in demeaning and belittling. Didn’t play my whole sentence or statement. Bad people!” he added.

…..

Trump raised eyebrows on Sunday when he tweeted that Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia and Alabama would “most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated.” He also told reporters at the White House that “Alabama is going to get a piece” of the storm, despite no other officials or agencies suggesting Alabama residents would be affected.

Several major outlets reported Trump’s statement was incorrect, with some saying it caused confusion. Some 20 minutes after his tweet, the National Weather Service tweeted a response to Trump’s claim.

“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian,” the agency tweeted. “We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east.” 

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31502

EVERYDAY #31507

Trump should have gone to Poland and kept his big mouth shut.

Consistent #31517

EVERYDAY #31520

And now it’s being said that Trump may have broken federal law for altering a weather map published by a federal agency such as the National Weather Service. But I doubt Trump will be prosecuted for this.

As far as I know, Alabama was never considered a possible site for Hurricane Dorian. Maybe he meant Georgia, which was mentioned as possibly in Dorian’s path. But Trump will never admit he made a mistake and he will go to great lengths to hide his mistakes. To his cult, he is all seeing, all knowing and perfect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.