Trump changes primary residence to Florida

Source: The Hill | October 31, 2019 | Tal Axelrod

President Trump changed his primary residence from Manhattan to Palm Beach, Fla., according to documents filed with the Palm Beach County Circuit Court that were reviewed by The New York Times

Both the president and Melania Trump last month filed a “declaration of domicile” saying their Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach will be their permanent residence.

“If I maintain another place or places of abode in some other state or states, I hereby declare that my above-described residence and abode in the State of Florida constitutes my predominant and principal home, and I intend to continue it permanently as such,” reads the document that Trump filed.

“I formerly resided at 721 Fifth Avenue,” the document says, referring to Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Another document lists his other residences as 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the address for the White House, and his private golf club in Bedminster, N.J.

A person close to the president told The Times that Trump’s decision to change his primary residence was largely for tax purposes. The person also cited Trump’s frustration with the Manhattan district attorney’s lawsuit seeking his tax returns.

………

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.