Trump denies Cohen will 'flip'

Source: The Hill | April 21, 2018 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Saturday attacked The New York Times for its reporting on his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, and expressed confidence Cohen will remain loyal to him while under federal investigation.

“The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will ‘flip,’ ” Trump tweeted.

“Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!” he added.

……

Trump, who has spoken with Haberman on the record for multiple stories in the past, appeared to be referencing a New York Times report on Friday that the president’s legal team is bracing for Cohen to cooperate with prosecutors.

The Times report provided numerous examples from aides both on and off the record who described Trump’s relationship with Cohen as taking him for granted.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23206

ConservativeGranny #23207

What an odd thing to say. He didn’t say there was no need to worry because there was nothing illegal for Cohen to reveal about Trump. Nope, he says he is not worried about him “flipping” and ratting on him. But then he covers that just in case by saying it would have to be made up lies and stories. An innocent man would not be worried about it.

EVERYDAY #23212

Guilty or innocent — one of the first things a criminal lawyer tells a client is to keep his mouth shut. But Trump doesn’t listen. Does he want to be caught? He is perpetrating the myth that he is under siege from enemies all around (which is why he hasn’t kept any of his campaign promises, by the way). I suppose then if he is caught in wrongdoing, he can then be a martyr to his fans.

Trump’s behavior makes no sense otherwise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.