Trump dismisses Hitler comparisons…: ‘I never read ‘Mein Kampf”

Source: The Hill | December 19, 2023 | Brett Samuels

Trump dismisses Hitler comparisons over anti-immigration rhetoric: ‘I never read ‘Mein Kampf”

Former President Trump on Tuesday repeated his claim that immigrants coming into the United States are “destroying the blood of our country,” even after similar comments days earlier prompted comparisons to Adolf Hitler.

Trump addressed those comparisons directly during a rally in Iowa in which he went on a diatribe about how immigrants are “ruining our country.”

“They’re destroying the blood of our country. That’s what they’re doing. They’re destroying our country. They don’t like it when I said that — and I never read ‘Mein Kampf,’” Trump said, referring to Hitler’s manifesto.

“They could be healthy, they could be very unhealthy, they could bring in disease that’s going to catch on in our country, but they do bring in crime, but they have them coming from all over the world,” Trump continued. “And they’re destroying the blood of our country. They’re destroying the fabric of our country.”

Trump on Saturday held a rally in New Hampshire during which he claimed immigrants were “pouring into” the United States and “poisoning the blood of our country.”

Trump has used the refrain before, which the Anti-Defamation League and others have said echoes the rhetoric of Adolf Hitler, who wrote in “Mein Kampf” that German blood was being poisoned by Jews.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.