Trump fails to strike health care deal with Freedom Caucus

Source: Politico | March 23, 2017 | Rachael Bade, Kyle Cheney and John Bresnahan

There’s little margin for defections and eroding support from moderates.

President Donald Trump failed to reach a deal with members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus to amend the Republican Obamacare replacement bill ahead of an expected vote later Thursday.

Many lawmakers from the three-dozen-member caucus huddled at the White House with Trump and his senior leadership team, but they emerged without guaranteeing their support for the GOP bill. With little margin for defections and eroding support from moderates, House leaders need most Freedom Caucus members to support the bill.

…..

But Trump officials asked Ryan to reassess that diagnosis, and GOP leadership agreed to add the provision.

The odds of the entire group coming on board without a commitment to axing all Affordable Care Act regulations, however, look slim.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14621

Consistent #14622

ConservativeGranny #14623

What??????? What about the “Art Of The Deal”? I thought he’d be making such great deals that we’d be sick of winning by now?

EVERYDAY #14624

I suppose Trump’s threats didn’t work. When it comes down to it, he’s just a tantrum throwing 2 year old. My parents had effective ways of dealing with tantrums. Being shown that no one is afraid of him or going to indulge him is a good start.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.