Trump has spent $133K on White House furnishings: report

Source: The Hill | June 21, 2017 | John Bowden

President Trump spent about $133,000 in taxpayer money on furnishings for the White House between January and May, Mic reported Wednesday.

Former President Barack Obama spent just about $51,000 during the same period, according to White House records — though the same records show Obama spent more money later that year, narrowing the gap between how much each president spent on furnishings.

……

According to the Mic report, one of Trump’s top dollar orders was a custom conference table from the Kittinger Company, Inc. that cost $13,000. According to Mic, former President Richard Nixon also had a Kittinger conference table, but paid for it himself.

The spending on White House furnishings comes amid scrutiny over Trump’s frequent weekend trips to Trump-brand golf clubs and luxury resorts, which have cost taxpayers millions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16784

EVERYDAY #16786

Funny how Trump fans who rightly blasted Obama for plundering the treasury for his and his wife’s expensive trips and extravagant lifestyle are silent when their hero spends our hard-earned tax dollars for himself and his family. Ok for Trump, not ok for anyone else.

EVERYDAY #16787

By the way, just what is wrong with Camp David as a retreat? Obama might have used it once or twice in 8 years, and it looks like Trump won’t be spending time there either. I brought this up this past winter on another forum and was told by Trump supporters that Camp David would be too cold at that time. Well, it’s summer. What is the excuse now?

ConservativeGranny #16789

Trump put in a one night token visit and I highly doubt he’ll be back there again. Not fancy enough I suppose.

EVERYDAY #16795

Granny, Trump could always redecorate Camp David in his favorite color, gold. Make it feel more like home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.