Trump in deposition says he averted ‘nuclear holocaust’

Source: The Hill | August 31, 2023 | Miranda Nazzaro

Former President Trump said he averted a “nuclear holocaust” with North Korea and “saved millions of lives” during his time as president, according to his newly released April deposition in his New York civil fraud case.

For nearly seven hours, lawyers with the New York attorney general’s office grilled Trump over his company’s business practices and his children’s roles within the Trump Organization. When asked about how his position changed within the Trump Organization when elected president, Trump said he was “very busy” and considered the presidency “the most important job in the world, saving millions of lives.”

“I think you would have nuclear holocaust, if I didn’t deal with North Korea,” Trump said. “I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren’t elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now, if you want to know the truth.”

Trump said his sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, both of whom currently serve as executive vice presidents at the Trump organization and are named in the suit, saw their roles change once he came president. 

“They became more intensely involved with the company, I was virtually not involved at all,” Trump said. “I rarely — I’d rarely have anything to do with anything having to do with the company.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.