Trump prefers oral report to reading daily intel briefing: report

Source: The Hill | February 9, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump is declining to read his daily brief and is instead having officials orally brief him on certain issues, The Washington Post reported Friday.

Trump is breaking with precedent set by seven past presidents in choosing to rarely read the President’s Daily Brief (PDB), which includes what officials have deemed to be the most important U.S. intelligence from hot spots around the globe.

Reading the report is not Trump’s chosen “style of learning,” one source told the Post.

Administration officials told the Post that Trump still receives full briefings and that different presidents get the intelligence in different ways.

…….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #21542

Consistent #21543

Does he want someone else to hear the President’s Daily Brief, too?

ConservativeGranny #21545

He has a learning disorder. He has trouble reading. Maybe they need to draw him pictures.

EVERYDAY #21547

When Obama was in charge, people wanted to see his college transcripts. I’d like to see Trump’s too. I have long believed the hype about him — that he was this smart, successful businessmsn, was all untrue. I have yet to see this supposed brilliance anywhere. He can give a good prepared speech, but left to his own devices, he sounds like an idiot. His admirers say he is plain speaking for the benefit of the common voter. I say, it’s no act. He always sounds like the loudmouth drunken dimbulb at the end of the bar.

It’s been said that Obama’s scholastic achievements were due to coddling by everyone in his life because of the color of his skin. I think Trump was coddled because of his father’s wealth and privilege. But neither president is really all that bright.

Woodcutter #21553

Yes, and Obama was not necessarily better…

President Obama is criticizing President-elect Donald Trump for failing to attend what The Post calls “the most exclusive, and arguably most important, daily meeting in Washington” — the Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) — warning his successor that without the daily intelligence brief, “you are flying blind.”

This coming from the same person who skipped more than half of his daily intelligence briefings in his first term. As I reported in this space in 2012, during his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his daily meeting to discuss the PDB just 536 times — an attendance record of 43.8 percent. In 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance dropped even lower, to just over 38 percent of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obamas-hypocrisy-on-intelligence-briefings/2016/12/19/8b1fbed0-c5f4-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.2c99bf4aa59a

Consistent #21557

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.