9 of the corniest dad jokes from the presidential turkey pardon

Source: Washington Examiner | November 21, 2017 | Kara Zupkus

President Trump on Tuesday will follow his predecessors in the venerated tradition of sparing a turkey the finality of the Thanksgiving feast. The presidential turkey pardon demands a little humor, which means America’s commanders in chief have flocked to become the dad-jokers in chief:

1. Barack Obama “80 turkeys on John’s farm competed for the chance to make it to the White House and stay off the Thanksgiving table — it was, quite literally, the Hunger Games.”

2. George W. Bush “I am pleased to announce the winning names: They are May and Flower. They are certainly better than the names the vice president suggested, which was Lunch and Dinner.”

…….

8. George W. Bush “He looks pretty friendly — he actually looks well-rested. You’d be well-rested too if you had your own room in Hotel Washington here in Washington, D.C. — [interrupted by the turkey] sounds like Stars wants to give the speech.”

9. Barack Obama “For the past seven years, I’ve established another tradition — embarrassing my daughters with a corny-copia of dad jokes about turkeys. This year, they had a scheduling conflict. Actually, they just couldn’t take my jokes anymore. They were fed up.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.