Amash launches exploratory committee for Libertarian presidential run

Source: The Hill | April 28, 2020 | Tal Axelrod

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) announced Tuesday that he has launched an exploratory committee to seek the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination, his strongest indication yet that he will mount a third-party White House bid.

“Today, I launched an exploratory committee to seek the @LPNational’s nomination for president of the United States. Americans are ready for practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people,” Amash tweeted.

“We’re ready for a presidency that will restore respect for our Constitution and bring people together. I’m excited and honored to be taking these first steps toward serving Americans of every background as president,” he added.

…….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #38543

Consistent #38544

Consistent #38545

Consistent #38546

Consistent #38547

Consistent #38548

Consistent #38550

Consistent #38551

EVERYDAY #38553

Sadly, Amash has zero chance. And I would not vote for him because he is a Libertarian, not a conservative, who supports so-called gay marriage, among other Libertarian views. It’s too bad because this country could use a truly conservative candidate from a truly conservative party. All we ever have in these elections, besides candidates from two horrendous parties, are assorted Libertarian, independent and kookish candidates who I wouldn’t vote for dogcatcher, let alone president. it’s a shame because we need really viable candidates to break the two-party monopoly.

Consistent #38574

Consistent #38583

Consistent #38584

Consistent #38593

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.