Biden calls on all states to vaccinate teachers by end of March

Source: The Hill | March 2, 2021 | Peter Sullivan

President Biden said Tuesday he is calling on all states to prioritize teachers for COVID-19 vaccinations so that all teachers and school staff will have received at least one dose by the end of March.

“My challenge to all states, territories, and the District of Columbia is this: We want every educator, school staff member, child care worker to receive at least one shot by the end of the month of March,” Biden said in remarks from the White House. 

He noted that more than 30 states have already prioritized teachers for vaccinations, but said he is using the “full authority of the federal government” in “directing every state to do the same.”

He did not elaborate on what that authority is, though he did say the federal government will use its partnership with pharmacies across the country to allow teachers to get vaccinated at their local pharmacy throughout the month of March.  

“Our goal is to do everything we can to help every educator receive a shot this month, the month of March,” Biden said. 

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47733

Consistent #47734

EVERYDAY #47737

Ok, but after seniors & those with.chronic conditions get theirs. In some states like mine, that group is still waiting.

Pres. Biden shouldn’t be ordering the states around. He should be working with them to get the vaccines distributed. Because in states like mine too many people who should have been vaccinated by now are still waiting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.