Biden condemns ‘sickening’ attacks on FBI after Mar-a-Lago search

Source: The Hill | August 30, 2022 | Morgan Chalfant

President Biden on Tuesday forcefully condemned attacks on the FBI from some Republicans in the wake of the bureau’s search of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property.

Speaking at an event on public safety in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Biden vowed his own support for law enforcement while casting conservatives as anti-police due to their stances on the Jan. 6, 2021, attack at the Capitol and more recently the events at Mar-a-Lago.

“Let me say this to my MAGA Republican friends in Congress: Don’t tell me you support law enforcement if you won’t condemn what happened on the 6th. Don’t tell me. Can’t do it. For God’s sake, whose side are you on?” Biden said, referring to Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan. “You’re either on the side on the mob or the side of the police.”

“Now it’s sickening to see the new attacks on the FBI, threatening the life of law enforcement agents and their families for simply carrying out the law and doing their job,” he continued.

“Look, I want to say this as clear as I can: There’s no place in this country, no place for endangering the lives of law enforcement. None, never, period. I’m opposed to defunding the police, I’m also opposed to defunding the FBI,” Biden said.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.