Biden defends his dog: 'Major did not bite someone and penetrate the skin'

Source: The Hill | March 17, 2021 | Judy Kurtz

President Biden is defending his dog Major after the canine was reportedly temporarily booted from the White House following a biting incident, saying he’s a “sweet” animal.

“Look, Major was a rescue pup,” Biden told George Stephanopoulos in an interview broadcast Wednesday on “Good Morning America.”

The president and first lady Jill Biden adopted the dog from a Delaware animal shelter in 2018. He’s believed to be the first shelter rescue dog to live in the White House.

“Major did not bite someone and penetrate the skin,” Biden said of the 3-year-old German shepherd.

……..

Biden told Stephanopoulos that the new, unusual living environment in Washington could’ve played a part in the incident.

“I guess what surprised me is the White House itself, living there. Every door you turn to, there’s a guy there in a black jacket,” Biden said.

“You turn a corner, and there’s two people you don’t know at all,” he added. “And he moves to protect.”

The president said Major is currently being trained back at his Delaware home and pushed back on reports that the dog was cast out from the White House.

“I didn’t banish him to home. Jill was gonna be away for four days. I was gonna be away for two, so we took him home,” Biden said. The White House had said last week that Major would return to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. “soon.”

“But he is a sweet dog,” Biden said. “Eighty-five percent of the people there love him. All he does is lick them and wag his tail.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.