Biden knocks Huckabee Sanders's tweet criticizing stuttering moment: 'It's called empathy. Look it up'

Source: The Hill | December 19, 2019 | Marty Johnson

Former Vice President Joe Biden knocked former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders over a since-deleted tweet that appeared to mock a moment of stuttering in the waning moments of Thursday’s Democratic presidential primary debate in Los Angeles.

While talking about Americans he has met along the campaign trail, Biden recalled a child telling him “I can’t talk,” and mimicked the child’s stutter over the word “I.” Biden has publicly spoken about his own struggles overcoming a stutter.

Almost immediately, Sanders tweeted, “I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I hhhave absolutely no idea what Biden is talking about.” 

She then followed it up with a tweet saying, “To be clear was not trying to make fun of anyone with a speech impediment. Simply pointing out I can’t follow much of anything Biden is talking about.”

Both tweets have since been deleted.

“I’ve worked my whole life to overcome a stutter,” Biden tweeted in reply. “And it’s my great honor to mentor kids who have experienced the same. It’s called empathy. Look it up.”

……..

Sanders apologized soon after, saying “I actually didn’t know that about you and that is commendable.”

………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.