Biden: Trump is ‘incredibly dangerous and irresponsible’ as the ‘walls close in’

Source: Politico | January 4, 2020 | Natasha Korecki

DES MOINES — Joe Biden lit into President Donald Trump’s tweeting about the possibility of retaliating against Iran Saturday night, calling it “incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.”

Speaking before a campaign event here, Biden accused Trump of taking reckless action as “the walls close in on this guy.”

“No president has a right to take our country to war without the informed consent of Americans — informed consent. And right now we have no idea what this guy has in mind, we have no idea,” Biden said. “He’s isolated us from our partners. He’s isolated us from our NATO allies.”

“He’s going off on a tweet storm on his own,” Biden said. “And it’s incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.”

……..

Biden referred to Trump’s remarks on social media as a “tweet storm,” and said it was unclear whether the president was acting with or without the counsel of his advisers.

“This is a guy who seems to be unmoored. You may remember some of you asked me this question a long time ago. I said, ‘the more the walls close in on this guy the thing I worried most about him doing something irrational, maybe getting us into a war.’”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.