Bolton book to argue 'Trump misconduct with other countries' beyond Ukraine: report

Source: The Hill | June 12, 2020 | Marina Pitofsky

Former White House national security adviser John Bolton will claim in his forthcoming book that President Trump engaged in “misconduct with other countries,” beyond his contacts with Ukraine, the subject of the president’s impeachment by House lawmakers last year.

……..

In a passage from the epilogue of the book, Bolton also alleges that Trump directed “the seizure and withholding of my advisors’ personal and other unclassified documents,” amid other claims of “outright threats of censorship.”

“As if impeachment were not enough, I also found myself confronting the daunting challenge of fighting an incumbent President determined to prevent publication of a book about my White House experiences. Trump behaved typically, directing the seizure and withholding of my advisors’ personal and other unclassified documents, despite numerous requests for their return; obstructing my Twitter account; and making outright threats of censorship,” Bolton wrote.

“His reaction thus ranged from the mean-spirited to the constitutionally impermissible. My reaction … my response? Game on,” Bolton continued.

………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.