Bolton: I don't think Trump is 'fit for office'

Source: The Hill | June 18, 2020 | Tal Axelrod

Former White House national security adviser John Bolton tore into President Trump in an interview with ABC News, saying he is unfit for office and solely focused on getting reelected.

“I don’t think he’s fit for office. I don’t think he has the competence to carry out the job. There really isn’t any guiding principle that I was able to discern other than, ‘What’s good for Donald Trump’s reelection?’ ” Bolton said in a promotional clip of the interview, which is set to air in full on Sunday.

Bolton continued, saying that the president’s obsession with winning a second term superseded the political ramifications of his decisions, citing his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea.

“Well, I think he was so focused on the reelection that longer term considerations fell by the wayside,” he said. “So if he thought he could get a photo opportunity with Kim Jong Un at the Demilitarized Zone in Korea, there was considerable emphasis on the photo opportunity and the press reaction to it and little or no focus on what such meetings did for the bargaining positions of the United States.”

……..

Among Bolton’s most notable claims are that the president solicited help from Chinese President Xi Jinping to win reelection by urging him to buy more agricultural products to boost support among farmers in the U.S. He also wrote that Trump dismissed human rights abuses in China against Uighur Muslims, that the president mused about jailing members of the press and that the commander in chief said invading Venezuela would be “cool.”

“He second-guessed people’s motives, saw conspiracies behind rocks, and remained stunningly uninformed on how to run the White House, let alone the huge federal government,” Bolton writes

Trump fired back at Bolton Friday night, calling him a criminal and a liar.

“He broke the law,” Trump said of Bolton on Fox News Wednesday night. “He was a washed-up guy. I gave him a chance. He couldn’t get Senate-confirmed so I gave him a non-Senate-confirmed position where I could just put him there, see how he worked.”

Trump also called Bolton a “liar” in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Wednesday and denied the claim that he signaled his support for Xi’s implementation of Uighur camps in China’s Xinjiang province. 

……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #40245

Consistent #40246

Consistent #40249

Consistent #40250

Consistent #40251

Consistent #40252

Consistent #40253

Consistent #40255

Consistent #40257

Consistent #40258

Consistent #40259

Consistent #40263

Consistent #40268

Consistent #40269

EVERYDAY #40270

I think most of those who are not Trump fans already know Trump is unfit to be president. This revelation from Bolton is nothing new.

And no, I’m not surprised by Trump’s consortium with and drooling over the leaders of this country’s enemies. As for trying to get China’s help with re-election — that one sounds fishy to me. If Trump was going to collude with anyone, it would likely be with Putin and the Russians. After all, a number of us still believe he had help from Russia when he ran in 2016. He got away with that. Why not do it again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.