Buttigieg to Pence: My marriage 'has moved me closer to God'

Source: The Hill | April 7, 2019 | Michael Burke

Pete Buttigieg, the openly gay mayor of South Bend, Ind., on Sunday slammed Vice President Pence while saying that his marriage to Chasten Buttigieg has brought him “closer to God.”

“Being married to Chasten has made me a better human being because it has made me more compassionate, more understanding, more self-aware and more decent,” he said at the LGBTQ Victory Fund’s annual brunch.

“My marriage to Chasten has made me a better man. And yes, Mr. Vice President, it has moved me closer to God,” he added, prompting applause.

…….

Buttigieg, who is seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination for president, added Sunday that if Pence and others have a “problem” with who Buttigieg is, then their problem is not with Buttigieg but with his “creator.”

“Speaking only for myself, I can tell you that if me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade,” Buttigieg said.

“And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand,” he continued. “If you’ve got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28759

Consistent #28760

He used twisted logic to justify his sin. He is challenging God.

God created us in His own image and likeness, which is spiritual. Therefore, there is no LGBTQ in God.

Consistent #28763

Consistent #28764

EVERYDAY #28765

Oh swell. Another special interest idiot running for president. I guess he will appeal to perverts like himself, especially with these idiotic remarks, but I don’t see his candidacy going to far. He probably won’t make it to the first primary.

slhancock1948 #28782

Obviously these guys do not actually read Scripture, but quote the “talking points” of the LGBTQ lobby, the distorted ones that twist Scripture to support their own views, otherwise they’d be concerned by Romans 1, I Corinthians, II Peter, Jude, etc.

Their lifestyle is a judgment. PERIOD!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #28858

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.