Campaign ad casts Sessions as a 'traitor' ahead of expected Senate run

Source: The Hill | November 7, 2019 | Tal Axelrod

A Republican PAC is out with a new ad Thursday slamming former Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a “traitor” as he prepares to announce that he’s running for his old Alabama Senate seat.

“The attorney general said, ‘I’m going to recuse myself,’ and I said, ‘Why the hell didn’t he tell me that before I put him in?’ He’s bad. He’s a bad, bad guy,” President Trump says in the ad, which was put out by GRIT PAC.

“Time for Jeff to hang up the cleats. Say ‘no’ to traitor Jeff Sessions,” a narrator adds at the end of the 15-second clip.

GRIT PAC is an independent expenditure committee associated with former Auburn University head football coach Tommy Tuberville, who is one of several Republicans running for the chance to challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.) next year.

Sessions is expected to announce Thursday that he’s joining the crowded Republican primary in the race against Jones, who is widely considered one of the most vulnerable Senate incumbents up for reelection next year.

A source familiar with Sessions’s plans told The Hill that the former Alabama senator “will come out forcefully in support of [President] Trump’s agenda while denouncing Democrats’ impeachment efforts. And steps have already begun to hire campaign staff.” 

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.