Cassidy Hutchinson had to flee DC for safety after Jan. 6 testimony

Source: The Hill | September 22, 2023 | Lauren Irwin

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former Trump White House aide, said she had to flee Washington, D.C. for safety after she testified before the Jan. 6 Committee.

“I could not go back to my apartment,” Hutchinson told reporter Tracy Smith in an interview set to air Sunday on “CBS New Sunday Morning.”

Hutchinson, the former assistant to Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, said her safety was threatened. Her legal team recommended she leave town. 

“I ended up moving down to Atlanta for several months,” she said.

Hutchinson was the first White House member to testify before the committee. On June 28, 2022, Hutchinson told the committee about what she witnessed in the days following the Capitol insurrection.

The former aide told Smith that she almost “darted” from the holding room before testifying.

“I heard the door click open and I turned around and I looked at my attorney and said ‘I can’t do this.’ And I started to walk and he gently pushed my shoulders. And he said, ‘You can do this.’ And then we walked out,” Hutchinson said in the interview.

Hutchinson said she is still a Republican but will not be supporting former President Trump’s White House bid in the 2024 election.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.