Chris Wallace: AG Barr 'clearly is protecting' Trump

Source: The Hill | May 17, 2019 | Joe Concha

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said he believes Attorney General Bill Barr “clearly is protecting” President Trump and “advocating his point of view” on issues during an interview on “America’s Newsroom” on Friday.

Wallace was reacting to fellow anchor Bill Hemmer’s interview with Barr during the attorney general’s trip to El Salvador. It was Barr’s first interview following the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on his investigation into Russia’s election meddling in April.

“What really comes across to me [about the Barr interview] most of all is that for two years Donald Trump sat there and said ‘I don’t have an attorney general. I don’t have somebody out there looking for and protecting my interests,’ ” said Wallace. “He clearly has that now with Bill Barr.”

“Not saying that Barr isn’t right in everything he says. But he clearly is protecting this president and advocating his point of view on a lot of these issues,” the “Fox News Sunday” anchor continued. “And I suspect that as President Trump, who probably has watched some of this interview himself, is saying finally, ‘No Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr instead.’ ”

……….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29525

Consistent #29526

Consistent #29527

Consistent #29531

Consistent #29532

EVERYDAY #29542

Chris Wallace is Captain Obvious.

Of course, Barr is protecting Trump. That’s why he was “hired.” Sessions didn’t shield Trump, so this time, Trump wanted an obedient servant as AG. And that’s what Trump got in Barr.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by EVERYDAY.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.