Chris Wallace calls out Limbaugh for being ‘outraged’ when Obama took executive action

Source: The Hill | February 17, 2019 | Justin Wise

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace on Sunday called out conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh over the difference between his response when President Trump and former President Obama made an executive action.

“I want to ask you about the game you say we play in Washington,” Wallace said while on “Fox News Sunday.” “Because the fact is that when President Obama took executive actions, you were outraged.”

Wallace noted a couple examples from Obama’s administration, such as when he took executive action in November 2014 to protect millions of immigrants without legal status from deportation. 

Limbaugh, who has supported Trump’s national emergency declaration to fund a border wall, said at the time that America couldn’t “stand idly by and try to find some political opportunity while the president basically shreds the constitution and flushes it down the toilet.”

“I understand that you like what President Trump is doing and you didn’t like what President Obama was doing,” Wallace said. “And that’s the concern here, is that to the degree you give the president more and more powers, yes you’re going to get things from one president you like, but you’re going to get executive powers from another president that you don’t like.”

“You may look at it that way. I don’t,” Limbaugh replied, adding that “what Obama was doing was furthering” problems related to executive action because he was taking “action that I deemed to be harmful to the country.”

“I look at what Trump is doing as something he has to do because he’s not getting any cooperation whatsoever,” Limbaugh said.

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #27921

ConservativeGranny #27922

And this is why I stopped listening to this charlatan.

Woodcutter #27928

Me too!
    It seems to me it wasn’t that long ago that he was going on and on about how bad it was that the Democrats held that the end justifies the means, and yet now he is doing the same thing. If Obama is shredding the Constitution for a cause I don’t like, then that’s wrong; but if Trump is shedding the Constitution for a cause I like then that’s right and he “has to do it.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.