Comey fires back at Meadows amid report he won't be prosecuted

Source: The Hill | August 1, 2019 | Owen Daugherty

Former FBI director James Comey called out Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) Thursday night after the lawmaker tweeted about him without tagging him.

Meadows tweeted about Comey’s “silence” at the release of a report from the Department of Justice inspector general (IG) over the leak of memos to a reporter approaches.

“As the IG report on Comey approaches, we’re getting the sound of silence. No Comey tweets. No softball interviews,” Meadows tweeted, neglecting to tag Comey’s account. “Must be tougher when you get questioned by a DOJ Inspector General. The truth is coming. His actions will come to light. And the verdict won’t be pretty.”

Comey quickly fired back with a tweet Thursday night, saying he is waiting “for facts before I talk about them.”

“I love transparency. I just wait for facts before I talk about them. I’m confident the results of all IG reports will show honest public servants worked hard to protect this country from a threat this president and his enablers won’t acknowledge,” Comey tweeted at Meadows, adding “And @ me next time, bruh.”

The sparring comes amid the news that Comey will not be prosecuted by the DOJ even though the inspector general referred him for possible prosecution over the leak.

The full report from the inspector general is not expected to be completed until at least next month, according to The Washington Post.

The larger report focuses on federal authorities’ investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and the Trump campaign and Comey’s role in it.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.