Cruz: Justice Scalia won the election

Source: Washington Examiner | November 18, 2016 | Ryan Lovelace

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday that the late Justice Antonin Scalia emerged the victor of this month’s elections.

Cruz told a standing-room only crowd at the Federalist Society’s National Lawyers Convention that the election results lifting President-elect Trump to the presidency could well be described as the “revenge of fly-over country.” The Texas senator and former GOP primary rival to Trump indicated he thought the vacancy created by Scalia’s death played a large role in the election results.

“President-elect Trump assured the American people that if elected, he would nominate a constitutionalist in the mold of Justice Scalia. So in a very real respect, Justice Scalia was on the ballot as well,” Cruz said at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. “And thanks to the historic victory we saw last week, it gives me immense pleasure to say the people have spoken and Justice Scalia has won as well.”

Asked whether he had any interest in filling the vacant court seat himself, Cruz talked about his business as a senator but noted, “What I will say is that history is long and can take unexpected paths.”

…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #11541

EVERYDAY #11546

The question is who will Trump nominate — a true Constitutional conservative or some “moderate?” Too many people voted for Trump on the assumption that he would nominate a conservative, but as with everything else, Trump can and will break his promises. Actually, I don’t know that he made this promise or if his followers merely projected their hopes, dreams and assumptions on him.

I have no doubt his cult will be disappointed. Not that they will admit it. They will continue to ignore, lie about or spin every broken promise.

CA Surveyor #11561

>> “or if his followers merely projected their hopes, dreams and assumptions on him” <<

Truly the biggest question of this election.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.