Cruz questions the timing of Trump tape release

Source: The Hill | October 9, 2016 | Nikita Vladimirov

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Sunday questioned the timing of the release of damning Donald Trump tapes, drawing attention to the fact that the network had the tape for years.

“NBC had tape 11 yrs. Apprentice producer says they have more & worse. So why not release in 2015? In March? Why wait till October?” he asked in a tweet.

….

A producer from the reality television series “The Apprentice” on Saturday tweeted that they have footage of Trump saying “far worse.”

….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #10633

Consistent #10636

Consistent #10637

ConservativeGranny #10638

Oh come on. Cruz knows why they waited until now. This ploy is as old as politics itself. Is Cruz now going to jump on the “defend Trump” train? Doesn’t sound like he is withdrawing his support does it.

EVERYDAY #10639

All part of the reality show that was supposed to be a presidential election. Planned, scripted and rehearsed . And we are all participants.

slhancock1948 #10641

Actually, Conservative Granny, I think that was Cruz’s point. Not that he is defending Trump. Why did they wait until after the primaries? Because they wanted him to be the nominee so they could take him out. When Trump released the false garbage on Cruz, why didn’t they put out these tapes about DT when it could have done some good? We know why.

We read that the democrat primaries turned out WAY less voters than expected….hmmmm. Wonder if the word went out to go in droves to the open republican primaries to support Trump because he could never beat Hillary. This way they, as usual, elect our nominee…one we hate, but then are stuck with. This is why I am leaving the republican party. They knew exactly what was going on, giving it their blessing year after year. This is why we NEVER get a conservative nominee. The RNC vowed to never let another Reagan arise. Time to leave. Any real conservative that stays now is knowingly complicit with the RNC and doesn’t really care that a conservative be our nominee. We cannot be their pawns. I refuse to be any longer. This year was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #10645

That’s another possible scenario. I don’t blame you for leaving the party. I left after GWB’s second term. I’d still vote for a repub if they’d ever put forth a real conservative. Right now I’m good without a party. They don’t require you to declare one in WI.

We do have open primaries and dems crossing over to vote for the one they want to run against is very common. Even given that Trump lost in WI. I’m pretty sure the state will go for Hillary. Then again I was wrong about Trump debating tonight LOL! We’ll see.

slhancock1948 #10646

Look at what Trump said about women all along in the primaries. It was disgusting then. Everybody who had these tapes on Trump could have released them any time along the way.

People don’t realize just how powerful the Clintons are. The stuff on Clinton in 1992, when he first ran for the presidency was enough to deny him the presidency, but they had already maneuvered themselves to be BFFs with MANY CEOs and highly placed journalists. They protected the Clintons from the stories. They were our governors before we went overseas to work for the DODDS. People in Arkansas knew they were guilty as sin for the deaths of over 50 people, for the Whitewater development thing, for drug-running (Clinton was pretty much an addict), and Bill was abusing his power as governor using the police to find him women. If you were stopped in Little Rock as a female driver and had any good looks at all, your choice was a huge fine or a visit to the governor’s office. This was WELL known. People who complained were shut up permanently.

I wrote about the Clintons in a comment section of the Stars & Stripes newspaper. I was derided and accused of lying. These were people who admittedly had never lived in Arkansas, as well! I was NOT allowed to rebut the comments made to me, even though I had read hundreds of rebuttals on other comments. The editorial staff of the paper actually wrote me back and told me none were allowed. I knew the fix was in then.

Why do you think that Hillary has not held a press conference all these months? No questions about Bill, and none about her times as Sec. of State. This way all the stuff about Trump could be used exactly when they needed to. It’s too bad Cruz did not go on the attack against Hillary instead of riding out the primary only to be taken out by Trump, especially when he’d made the promise to not attack any republican. I think that would’ve given the people the notion that he could win against Hillary. Trump was soft-talking Hillary all along. He did’t want the attacks from Hillary and was free to attack all the republican candidates. Where was the media when he was talking nonsense and lies about the republicans? They knew what they were doing.

Conservatives would do best to turn off FOX News, and all other TV talk show hosts. They are brainwashing the American public. Of the 44 years we’ve been married, we’ve had a working TV less than 4 of them. Finally fixed it after the 3rd time lightening struck and took out the TV, then sold it. It was clear the Lord did not want us watching it. You can think better when you don’t have all the propaganda swirling around in your heads.

The party (GOP) made it clear this cycle that they will not close the primaries under any circumstances, that they really despise conservatives, and that they will do nothing for us. They laugh and ridicule us, lie to us, and expect us to support their awful candidates. Well, no more!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #10672

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.