Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'

Source: The Hill | May 12, 2016 | Jesse Byrnes

Ted Cruz said Thursday that those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to “bear that responsibility going forward.”

Cruz appeared Thursday evening on the Houston-based “Michael Berry Show” and was asked whether he thought he was treated fairly in the GOP primary, with the host mentioning Fox News.

“Well listen, there’s time for recriminations and you know, everyone who was responsible for the rise of Donald Trump, they will bear that responsibility going forward,” Cruz responded.

“But there were more than a few players that played a disproportionate role in that rise,” he added. “I’m going to focus, instead of looking backwards, I’m going to focus on looking forwards.”

….

Cruz said he wasn’t sure if he’d address the national GOP convention in Cleveland in July, but he indicated he planned to attend out of an obligation to the some 600 delegates he won during the primary.

“I don’t know if I’ll have a role at the convention or not, but I’ll certainly be there cheering on the delegates,” he said.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.