Donald Trump Foundation Donated $20K to Public School LGBT Activist Group GLSEN

Source: Breitbart News | April 23, 2016 | Dr. Susan Berry

In 2012, the Donald Trump Foundation donated $20,000 to the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a gay activist organization that promotes the LGBT agenda in K-12 classrooms in public schools.

A form 990 available for public viewing online shows the GOP frontrunner made the donation to GLSEN and also donated $10,000 to the Gay Men’s Health Crisis.

GLSEN was founded by gay activist and former Obama administration “Safe Schools Czar” Kevin Jennings, who currently serves as executive director of the Arcus Foundation, a powerful LGBT activist organization. Arcus is led by billionaire Jon Stryker, heir of the Stryker medical technology company, who aided President Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign as a top bundler. Arcus provides “social justice grants” to “support emerging LGBT leaders.”

In September of 2014, Catholic San Francisco reported “abundant evidence” that the campaign against San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone for his decision to speak during the March for Marriage in Washington, D.C., was orchestrated by the leftist Faithful America, which was funded by Stryker’s Arcus Foundation, LGBT activist Tim Gill of Colorado’s Gill Foundation, billionaire George Soros, and the Evelyn & Walter Haas Jr. Fund.

As Christian News reports, Jennings and a “coalition of Massachusetts school teachers who supported advocacy for homosexual issues” formed GLSEN in 1990.

According to its website, the group says its goal is to “ensure that every member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.” The activist organization also states it seeks to build a “global movement.”

…..

The group creates printed resources for teachers to use in the K-12 classrooms and urges schools to celebrate LGBT History Month and LGBT Pride Month. Reading materials and lesson plans for children include the books Heather Has Two Mommies, It’s OK to Be Different, and Tango Makes Three. A lesson plan on “ThinkB4YouSpeak,” a guide to LGBT politically correct language, is also promoted by GLSEN.

A history and English Language Arts lesson – reportedly aligned with the Common Core standards – is offered on the story of Matthew Shepard, a gay young man who was murdered years ago and who is an icon for militant LGBT groups. The story of Shepard’s murder, however, was debunked two years ago by investigative journalist Stephen Jimenez, who discovered that Shepard was not murdered by a stranger because he was gay, but rather by a fellow drug dealer with whom he often had sex.

GLSEN’s website provides K-12 “educator resources” that include an “LGBT-inclusive curriculum” and lesson plans on topics such as how to celebrate LGBT History Month in classrooms.

….

According to The New York Times, Trump has “more accepting views on gay issues” that “set him apart in the GOP.”

….

“He will be the most gay-friendly Republican nominee for president ever,” said Gregory T. Angelo, president of the Log Cabin Republicans, a group that supports gay rights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5089

ConstitutionalConservative #5093

I don’t go there anymore but if this gets posted at FR and not get pulled it would be interesting to see how FRumpers defend this, they have become SOCIAL JUSTICE warriors over there. Never in my wildest imagination did I think such a day would come to FR it is as a surreal nightmare.

ConservativeGranny #5097

They will defend it saying that all they care about is the wall. No one cares about social issues anymore.

Yesterday I deleted my link to FR. The only reason I would ever go back there to read or post anything is to post an “I told you so”. I was finding fewer and fewer articles of interest over there and the comments were the same old same old. Reading the rantings of lunatics and cult followers gets very boring after a while. The entertainment factor was gone.

I would doubt that most of the people who left will return t here in the future. The problem with removing your smartest people from your site is that in the meantime they find other places to go that are more interesting and offer more. Why would they go back?

Neverdul #5104

From what I understand the donation was related the Celebrity Apprentice show, one of the contestants’ – Aubrey O’Day’s* chosen charity. Sloppy reporting on Breitbart’s part not to mention or be aware of this.

It was HOWEVER the show (I don’t know if NBC or Mark Burnett’s production company) who paid the winning contestant’s money to their charities.

The donation to GLSEN and to other charities from the foundation’s 990 seem to be over and above what the contestant’s raised or “won”. Seemed to have been at Trump’s whim.

Interestingly most of the gifts on the 2012 990 for the Donald J. Trump Foundation that match the charities chosen by the 2012 Celebrity Apprentice contestants were for $10,000. Arsenio Hall won and raised $522,100 for the Magic Johnson Foundation and Clay Aiken came in 2nd and raised $500,000 for his charity National Inclusion Project and the Donald J. Trump Foundation lists $10,000 contribution to each. But Aubrey O’Day who finished 3rd and only raised 50,000 for Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), but the 990 shows Trump’s foundation donating $20,000 to GLSEN.

GLSEN is not all much different from NAMBLA BTW. I wonder if a Celebrity Apprentice had chosen NAMBLA if Trump would have given them a donation too?

If Trump was really a man of principles, and completely in control of the TV show and his foundation he could have some say and some control over the charities chosen by the celebrity contestants (allow them to pick from a pre-screened list or at least disallow any dubious or immoral charities like GLSEN all together) or at least not agree to make a $10 or $20k donation from his own foundation. But no. He has no moral or ethical or any consistent political ideology (certainly not a conservative ideology).

*BTW – Aubrey O’Day sounds like such a lovely lady – not.

http://www.ew.com/article/2012/05/14/celebrity-apprentice-aubrey-oday-fidel-castro-arsenio-hall

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.