Donald Trump Tells Christians to Ignore the Bible

Source: The Resurgent | June 22, 2016 | Erick Erickson

This is ridiculous. Here’s a quote from Trump’s meeting with evangelicals yesterday:

“‘Some of the people are saying, ‘let’s pray for our leaders.’ I said, ‘You can pray for your leaders, and I agree with that, pray for everyone. But what you really have to do is pray to get everyone out to vote for one specific person,” Trump said, according to another video posted by Jackson. ‘We can’t be politically correct and say we pray for all of our leaders because all of your leaders are selling Christianity down the tubes and selling evangelicals down the tubes and it is a very bad thing that is happening.’”

….

Paul, likewise, was executed under orders from the Roman Emperor. Because of his Roman citizenship, Paul was beheaded instead of being crucified. But Paul exhorted Christians to pray for the Emperor. “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” (1 Timothy 2:1-3)

….

For Donald Trump to suggest to Christians that praying for all leaders would be politically correct is contrary to direct commands of the Bible. And don’t give me the nonsense of saying Trump did say to pray for everyone. He was reflecting what others said and twisted it. He twisted it to a self-serving request to pray for him. “But what you really have to do is pray to get everyone out to vote for one specific person,” Trump said.

No. That is flat out wrong and not Biblical. There is no commandment in the Bible to pray for everyone to get out to vote. There is an explicit commandment to pray for our leaders, all of whom are divinely appointed for one reason or another.

Shame on the Christians trying to claim this guy is something greater than he is.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.