Eric Trump: Syria missile strikes prove there's no Trump-Russia connection

Source: Politico | April 11, 2017 | Louis Nelson

Syria’s deployment of chemical weapons against its own people, and the U.S. missile strikes targeting a Syrian military air base in response, proved that there is no connection between President Donald Trump and the Russian government, Trump’s son said in an interview published Tuesday.

“If there was anything that Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie,” Eric Trump told The Daily Telegraph during an interview at the family’s Trump Turnberry golf resort in Scotland. Russia, the most powerful ally of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, has condemned the U.S. missile strikes and been critical of the U.S. president for ordering them.

Eric Trump also said he believed that his sister Ivanka Trump, who serves as an adviser to her father in the White House, likely played a role in persuading the president to take action against Assad following last week’s chemical weapons attack, which left more than 70 people, including children, dead.

“Ivanka is a mother of three kids and she has influence. I’m sure she said ‘listen, this is horrible stuff.’ My father will act in times like that,” Eric Trump said.

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15055

EVERYDAY #15056

Maybe that was the whole idea behind our missile attack — to distract us from the controversy over Trump’so alleged ties to Putin and Russia.

And Eric Trump should know that most voters (except for Trump worshipers) don’t appreciate the Trump family having so much influence in such important matters.

ConservativeGranny #15064

I don’t think he realizes that about half of us already thought of that before he even mentioned it:( Talk about confirming suspicions. And if they had been smart they would have kept the Ivanka input to themselves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.