Explosion in downtown Nashville believed to be 'intentional act,' police say

Source: The Hill | December 25, 2020 | Rebecca Klar

Emergency crews responded to an explosion early Friday in downtown Nashville that officials said was linked to a vehicle. 

Police spokesman Don Aaron later said that investigators believe it was an “intentional act,” The Associated Press reported

Police said in a tweet the explosion was being investigated by the Metro Nashville Police Department and federal partners. 

……..

The Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management told local station WKRN that a parked RV exploded in a riverfront entertainment district and damaged several buildings. Officials told the station that crews were assessing the damage and no injuries were immediately reported. 

Photos of the area shared by the Nashville Fire Department show smoke and flames in the downtown area, and windows broken out in nearby buildings. 

……..

……..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45671

EVERYDAY #45673

Last report I heard said 3 people were hurt but not seriously. Police have been given credit for clearing the area beforehand or there could have been more serious injuries or fatalities.

Already the internet and social media is lit up with conspiracy theories and people pointing fingers. Foe once I wish people wouldn’t get their exercise jumping to conclusions.

Consistent #45675

Consistent #45676

Consistent #45677

The vehicle that exploded Christmas morning in Nashville broadcast a message shortly before detonation warning people to evacuate the area, police said Friday afternoon.

Nashville Police Chief John Drake said officers were responding to an emergency call of gun shots in the downtown area around 5:30 a.m. and found an RV with the recording playing.

Officers evaluated nearby buildings in Tennessee’s capital upon hearing the recording, and shortly after the RV exploded, Drake said at a press briefing.

The Washington Post reported that a voice could be heard saying, “This area must be evacuated now. If you can hear this message, evacuate now,” according to a video posted on social media.

The fire department chief said three individuals with minor injuries were taken to hospitals.

……..

EVERYDAY #45678

Now unofficial reports say human remains were found at the scene. No official confirmation, no details such as identity.

EVERYDAY #45680

Meanwhile, silence from Little Donnie. Perhaps he knows or suspects his radical followers are involved.

ConservativeGranny #45684

Possible suspect is a 62 year old Nashville man. They released his name so I’m sure we will be hearing more about the guy soon. I think the bomber is the “remains” found at the scene.

EVERYDAY #45685

Anthony Quinn Warner has been described as a “person of interest” and his home was being searched. What I don’t know is, does law enforcement think Warner is the bomber (and maybe his remains were the ones found) or do they think Warner has some connection to the bomber? They are saying they are looking at several individuals who may be involved.

This bombing has had some widespread consequences for telephone service including 911. God bless the people working to restore service.

Consistent #45687

EVERYDAY #45697

CNN is now saying Anthony Quinn Warner was the bomber and that the remains found at the scene are his.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.